Thursday, November 22, 2012

A Day of Thanks

Dear Dialog,

Today is Thanksgiving. A day when growing up you learn that the Pilgrims were friends with the Wamponoag Indians and celebrated with each other the seasons harvest in a big feast. While this may be somewhat true, we also know of the atrocities committed against the natives. Instead of dwelling on that, we have made today a day where we say thanks. A day when we take in family and friends and celebrate life's treasures with one another.

This year, I celebrated Thanksgiving with my boyfriend David and his parents. It was only four people but people who were thankful for what they have received and been given.

So today, I am thankful for:
-My family and friends
-My students who, without them, would not make me push so hard to love what I do and push them to be better
-My special hot coco, that takes all my worries away
-My life, while it has been stressful lately, I am still appreciative of being here

And finally

-Love... for if there was not love, there would be no life nor happiness to be thankful of.

So have a Happy Thanksgiving all and remember to be thankful for what you have.

No comments:

Post a Comment