Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Today was a day (fill in the blank)

Dear Dialog,

Today was one of those days... One of those days that you dread as a teacher, as an educator, as a friend... 
-Today was a day of student problems. 
-Today was a day where some people cared more about being right because they had to be right, not what benefited the student and hurt others in the process.
-Today was the day where I broke up a fight. 
-Today was the day where I got told that my lessons were "fucking stupid".
-Today was the day where I was told to "fuck off".
-Today was the day where I had to remove myself from my classroom so that I did not yell at a student. 
-Today was the day where I questioned, again, why I am in education. 
-Today was the day where I wished we had more direction from the higher ups.
-Today was the day... 
-Today was the day that I know will happen again... 
-A day that there will be more of... 
-A day that will make me question why if students don't want to be at school, we force them. 
-A day that makes me just want a huge glass of wine. 
-A day that makes me want to just scream at the top of my lungs. 
-A day that makes me just want to quit.

Today was a bad day.

No comments:

Post a Comment